Request for Bids
Employer: Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica
Project: Emergency Agricultural Livelihoods and Climate Resilience Project
Contract title: Procurement of Motorized Agricultural Tools
Country: Commonwealth of Dominica
Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No.: Credit No. IDA 62310-DM; Grant No. IDA D3060-DM
RFB No: DM-MAF-234080-GO-RFB
Issued on: September 7, 2021
- The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica has received financing from the World Bank
toward the cost of the Emergency Agricultural Livelihoods and Climate Resilience Project, and intends
to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Procurement Motorized
Agricultural Tools as described:
The reference number of the Request for Bids (RFB) is: DM-MAF-234080-GO-RFB
The Purchaser is: Ministry of Blue and Green Economy, Agriculture and National Food
The name of the RFB is: Procurement of Motorized Agricultural Tools
The number and identification of lots (contracts) comprising this RFQ is one (1) whole/package:
# Item Description Qty
1. Earth Auger 140
2. Motorized Tiller (Walk Behind Tractor) 67
3. Pole Pruner 88
4. Chain Saw 1 250
5. Chain Saw 2 300
- This bid is conducted on a whole Lot/package basis. Bidders wishing to offer discounts are allowed to
do so, provided that the discounts are included in the Letter of Bid.
- The Ministry of Blue and Green Economy, Agriculture & National Food Security now invites sealed
Bids from eligible Bidders for Procurement of Motorized Agricultural Tools.
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using Request for Bids
(RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers- Procurement
in Investment Projects Financing” July 2016, revised November 2017, August 2018 and November
2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Mr. Kervin Stephenson – Project
Manager, Project Implementation Unit, Emergency Agricultural Livelihoods and Climate Resilience
inspect the Bidding document during office hours 0800 to 1700 hours on Mondays and 0800 to 1600
hours from Tuesdays to Fridays at the address given below.
- The Bidding document in English may be obtained by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission
of a written application to the address below. The document will be sent by e-mail.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 10:30 a.m. on 19th October, 2021.
Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in
the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the
address below at 10.30 a.m. on 19th October, 2021.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on
the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the
Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The address referred to above is:
Attn.: Mr. Kervin Stephenson–Project Manager
Emergency Agricultural Livelihoods and Climate Resilience Project
First Floor, First Domestic Building,
19-21 king George V Street
Commonwealth of Dominica
Telephone: 1 (767) 266- 3779/ 3998/3981