REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
COUNTRY – Commonwealth of Dominica
NAME OF PROJECT – Emergency Agricultural Livelihoods & Climate Resilience Project (EALCRP) P166328
Credit No. 62310-DM/ 67340-DM/Grant No.: D3060-DM
Assignment Title: Fisheries Officer
Reference No.: DM-MAF-240911-CS-INDV
The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Emergency Agricultural Livelihoods and Climate Resilience Project (EALCRP) under the Ministry of Blue and Green Economy Agriculture & National Food Security and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards recruitment of a Fisheries Officer.
Objective of Assignment
To Manage and oversee the restoration of the Fisheries Systems through support to eligible Fisher folks to restore fish supply through repairs or construction of boats and the reconstruction /rehabilitation of boat building facilities, thus supporting food security and recovery of Agricultural Livelihoods.
To Provide leadership and operational guidance for all aspects of delivering on all the components and reporting as per the guidance and procedures of the Operation Manual.
Required Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum qualifications: Environmental sciences Diploma or Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in natural resources management or related scientific discipline; Experience
• At least 10 years of extensive working experience in the Fishing sector.
• Track record of successfully working with governments on agriculture, climate change adaptation agenda is preferable
• At least five years working with fishing communities including fisher organizations
• Language Requirement: Proficient in English and fluent in Creole language
• Ability to work in a team, share information
• Active involvement in fishing application is advantageous;
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
Terms of Assignment
The attention of interested Individuals is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 revised November 2017, August 2018 and November 2020 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment (i.e. 3.17 of the Procurement Regulation).
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection Method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at EALCRP- Project Implementation Unit (PIU) at the First Floor, First Domestic Building, 19-21 King George V Street,, Roseau, Dominica at Tel: (767) 266-3998/3981/275-1957 during office hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Mondays and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesdays to Fridays.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by September 2nd, 2021 to:
Attn Project Manager
Emergency Agricultural Livelihoods & Climate Resilience Project
1st Floor, First Domestic Building
19-21 King George V Street, Roseau
Commonwealth of Dominica
View Terms of References