CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST AND SUPPORT
Emergency Agricultural Livelihoods and Climate Resilience Project, a World Bank fund project, will be implemented in a five-year period.
To contribute to restoring Agricultural livelihoods and enhancing climate resilience of farmers, through provision of:
- An essential package of inputs (mainly improved quality seeds and fertilizers), tools, and materials for the replanting or restoration of crops.
- Technical advisory services and training.
To be Eligible the Crop Farmers Must:
- Be involved in farming either on a full-time basis or part-time and crop production should be a major source of income. Public Servants involved in farming are eligible.
- Provide legal identification.
- Have a produce sellers’ license.
- Show proof of land ownership or have a legal lease/ agreement. Producers from the Kailnago Territory should provide a letter from the Kalinago Council stating legal rights to the land, or a lease. Producers without legal access to lands, will provide proof of sales documents from an exporting organization, e.g DEXIA, a supermarket or exporter of produce
- Have enough farm labor or equipment to implement the required cropping area or financial capacity to contract (seasonal) labor.
- Have been substantially affected by Hurricane Maria.
Crop farmer beneficiaries will choose a package from the FIVE main cropping systems in Dominica. (Vegetables, Banana/Plantain, Root Crops, Horticulture and Tree Crops).
Under the project farmers will receive seeds, planting material, organic fertilizer, organic agricultural inputs, tools, and motorized equipment.
Restoring Livelihoods: Farm by Farm……..